Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
- We offer virtual classes and information to continue strengthening your tech skills. You can participate in live, online workshops as well as our self-paced, on-demand classes. As always, all of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for some of our new offerings!
- If you are looking for additional tech assistance, click on the Virtual Tech Help button above or click here to learn more about Virtual Tech Help!
- Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
Our live, online workshops include screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask questions in each class, which is led by Tech Center staff. To participate in a workshop, click on a class below or visit screenleap.com/gfj_techcenter at the appropriate time.
- Fact or False? How Can We Know if What We Read Online is True? – September 26th at 1:00pm
The Internet is an incredible resource for news and information, but unfortunately not everything online is trustworthy. Without referencing politics or controversial topics, this class will explore and discuss tips and tools that we can use to help verify information on the Internet, and to help us become more discerning readers.
- Meet (the New) Facebook – October 8th at 7:00pm
Facebook has had a facelift! Join us as we explore the New Facebook.com web-based interface, and learn some tips and tricks for connecting with friends and family while keeping your identity safe and protecting your privacy. This workshop is for beginners, but current Facebook users will pick up some tips as well.
- Introduction to Zoom – October 16th at 3:00pm
Having a hard time with those Zoom meetings? Want to catch up with friends and family from a distance? This introductory class will allow you to ask questions and see how to attend and set up your own Zoom meetings.
- Shop Smarter and Safer Online – October 21st at 3:00pm
Online shopping has never been easier or more convenient for consumers. you can purchase almost anything online. If you follow a few simple rules, you can save money and have a safe and secure online shopping experience. Join us for a look at the ins and outs of how to shop smarter online.
- Introduction to Google Photos – October 28th at 3:00pm
Don’t keep your photos trapped on your phone or camera! This introductory class will show you how to easily save, edit and share your digital photos with Google Photos for free.
You can also click here to view some frequently asked questions about our live classes.
On-Demand Virtual Learning
We’re excited to offer these free, online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click on any of the images or subjects below to start exploring.
- Online Resources – The library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment.
- eBook & eReader Information – Instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!