Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
- We offer virtual classes and information to continue strengthening your tech skills. You can participate in live, online workshops as well as our self-paced, on-demand classes. As always, all of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for some of our new offerings!
- If you are looking for additional tech assistance, click on the Virtual Tech Help button above or click here to learn more about Virtual Tech Help!
- Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
Our live, online workshops include screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask questions in each class, which is led by Tech Center staff. To participate in a workshop, click on a class below or visit tinyurl.com/GFJTC-class.
- Learn to Sell on eBay Zoom – May 6th at 3:00pm
Forget the mess and work of a garage sale – sell your unwanted things on eBay! Come learn how to set up an account, take pictures, arrange payments and create appealing listings, plus learn a few tips for making the process easier and more successful. This class is for beginning eBay-ers!!
- Learn to Create Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations with Google Drive – May 12th at 3:00pm
Google offers a FREE suite of tools for creating professional-looking documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more online, with every Google account. Plus, everything is saved online, where it is accessible, searchable and safe. This presentation will show how to easily start using Drive to type documents, make charts, create slideshows and more.
- Android Smartphone and Tablet: Basics – Your Questions Answered – May 18th at 10:00am
Want to know how to effectively use an Android device? Tune in and learn how to navigate successfully through various features that are common to all Android devices. Discover how to customize your device using the setting properties. You will have an opportunity to ask questions and receive answers. Recommended for anyone with an Android phone or tablet. This workshop will not cover the Amazon Fire Tablet, which works on a version of Android that is covered in a separate workshop.
- Internet 101: Understanding and Searching the Web – May 19th at 3:00pm
Increase your understanding of how the internet works and learn some tips to improve your Internet search skills. Find out how to use your web browser’s special features so that you can navigate more efficiently. Search tips will be offered to help you save time and get the very best results on all your online searches.
- Free Podcasts! Finding, Subscribing and Listening – May 26th at 3:00pm
Have you wondered about the “podcast craze”. This is your chance to find out what it is all about. We will cover all the basics of finding, subscribing and listening to a podcast. Examples of today’s most popular podcasts will be presented along with tips on finding podcasts that you will love. You can listen to podcasts anywhere, anytime. If you subscribe the newest episodes will automatically be downloaded to your device. I will also share with you the podcast that got me “hooked”! You might want to give it a try.
You can also click here to view some frequently asked questions about our live classes.
On-Demand Virtual Learning
We’re excited to offer these free, online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click on any of the images or subjects below to start exploring.
- Online Resources – The library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment.
- eBook & eReader Information – Instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!