Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
- We’re here to offer you virtual classes and information to continue strengthening your tech skills. We are now offering live, online workshops as well as our self-paced, on-demand classes. As always, all of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for some of our new offerings!
- If you are looking for additional tech assistance, click on the Virtual Tech Help button above or email email@example.com and one of our instructors would be happy to assist you! You can also call the Tech Center at (607)757-5359 and leave a message. We will return your call or email as soon as possible.
- Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
We are now offering live, online workshops with screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask questions in each class which is led by Tech Center staff. To participate in a workshop, click on a class below or visit screenleap.com/gfj_techcenter at the appropriate time.
- Ancestry.com for Beginners – August 12th at 3:00pm
Are you interested in researching your family tree but do not know where to start? You can explore ANCESTRY, the world’s most popular consumer online genealogy resource for FREE! This workshop will present an overview of the site and offer tips on how to navigate through the different sections. Users can search U.S. census records, Social Security records, birth and death records, immigration records, military and other vital records. This workshop is targeted to BEGINNERS. At the end of the presentation a link will be shared so that the presentation can be viewed and downloaded as a follow up or review.
- Discovering Online Streaming – August 19th at 3:00pm
With the launch of HBO Max and NBC’s Peacock, let’s look at some of the top streaming services that are out there. Discover what you can watch, where you can watch, how much it will cost, and more with a look at this rising entertainment trend. At the end of the presentation a link will be shared so that the presentation can be viewed and downloaded as a follow up or review.
- Meet Google Drive – August 26th at 3:00pm
Google Drive is Google’s FREE cloud-based service that allows the user to create and store word documents, spreadsheets, slide shows, and more. All you need is a Google Gmail address and password to use this powerful storage system that lives online. At the end of the presentation a link will be shared so that the presentation can be viewed and downloaded as a follow up or review.
You can also click here to view some frequently asked questions about our live classes.
On-Demand Virtual Learning
We’re excited to offer these free, online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click on any of the images or words below to start exploring.
- Online Resources – A comprehensive listing of the library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, music, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment including JobNow, which includes resume assistance and test preparation assistance.
- eBook & eReader Information – Find instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!
- Mobile Hotspots Lending Policy – View the lending policy for the library’s mobile hotspots.