Skip to content
GFJ Library provides access to a large variety of online resources, some of which require a library card to access. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Local History & Resources
- Endicott-Johnson Workers’ Review – A collection of the E-J Workers’ Review Publications spanning 1919 through 1925.
- Groundwater Monitoring Program – An inventory of the documents on file at the GFJ Library related to the Endicott Groundwater Monitoring Program. A few files include links to view the reports online.
- Historical Newspapers – Find historical newspapers from the Endicott area from 1855-1960, including Union-Endicott News, The Union Weekly News, The Union News, Lestershire-Endicott Record, The Endicott Bulletin, The Union Argus, The Endicott-Johnson Workers Review, and numerous E-J pamphlets and Union-Endicott school publications. Funded in part by The Louis Alexander Family, the South Central Regional Library Council, and the Community Foundation for South Central New York.
- Miscellaneous Historical Documents – A variety of local documents from the Endicott-Johnson Corporation and the Union-Endicott School District spanning the 1900s.
- Town of Union Flood Publications – Links to the Town of Union’s flood publications that are available online. Additional documents are also available within the library.
- Union-Endicott High School Yearbooks – U-E’s Thesaurus yearbook from 1939 through 2012. Many of these yearbooks including the newest editions are also available to browse at the library.
Read & Listen
- BookLetters – Be the first to know about new titles and library events! Use BookLetters to find the latest materials and sign up to get e-newsletters in your inbox.
- Download Zone – Download eBooks and audiobooks to your computer or mobile device with the OverDrive or Libby apps. New titles are added monthly. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in and begin checking out today! Need help with OverDrive? Check out our eReader tips for step-by-step instructions for use with popular devices.
- Flipster – Flipster is your one-stop-shop for digital magazines. It allows you to browse the latest or back issues of our most popular magazines and download them to either your computer or tablet. A valid Four County Library System card number is required.
- Hoopla – Hoopla offers movies, music, eBooks, comics, and audio books. The Hoopla app is compatible with Kindle Fire tablets, Android and iOS phones and devices. This service is available to anyone with a library card from one of the 9 libraries in Broome County.
Research & Learning
- DMV Defensive Driving – Complete the New York State DMV-Approved Safe Driving Course for point and insurance reduction at a discounted rate through GFJ Library. A valid GFJ Library card number is required.
- DMV Permit Practice Tests – Take practice exams for the written New York State Learner’s Permit Test.
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment including JobNow, which includes resume assistance and test preparation assistance.
- Four County Library System’s Research Center – Find information in the fields of business, health, literature, newspapers, magazines, and more. A valid Four County Library System card number is required.
- Gale Reference eBooks – Browse eBooks on business, education, environment, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, religion, and science. A valid GFJ Library card number is required.
- Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Training) – Thousands of online, on-demand video training tutorials on the most popular software and devices, including Microsoft® Office®, Adobe® Creative Suite®, Google™ Docs, iPad® and more. A valid GFJ Library card number is required.
- Lynda Learning – More than 3,000 courses and 130,000 instructional videos in a wide array of topics such as 3D & animation, audio & music, business, CAD, design, developing, education & eLearning, IT, marketing, photography, video, web design, and more! A valid GFJ Library card number and PIN are required.
- Mango Languages – A robust, interactive online foreign language-learning suite covering more than sixty languages (including Pirate!). A mobile app is available allowing you to start, pause and return to your lessons at your own rate. Learn a new language today! A valid GFJ Library card number is required for use outside of the library.
- NUWAV Legal Document – An online tool that lets you create professional-quality documents. Search for the document specific to your situation, answer the questions in the web input form, and review and print your document. You now have a professional-quality legal document ready to file. A valid GFJ Library card number is required for use outside of the library.
- NovelNY Databases – The New York Online Virtual Electronic Library has databases available to all NYS residents with information on business, current events, health, employment, and more. A NYS Driver’s License or Non-Driver Photo ID number is required to access this information.
- Transparent Languages – Learning resources for over 100 languages including resources for those learning English as a second language. The flexible learning paths include lessons in alphabets, speaking, typing, grammar, and more. A valid Four County Library System card number is required.
- Weiss Ratings’ Financial Ratings Series – Financial Literacy Tools from Weiss Ratings & Grey House Publishing include independent, unbiased financial strength ratings of banks, credit unions & insurance companies; conservative Buy-Hold-Sell ratings of thousands of stocks, mutual funds & exchange traded funds; your own personal account to create a watchlist, get upgrade/downgrade notifications and log in from anywhere; Medicare Supplement Insurance – which plan to choose, how much it will cost, compare rates & plan benefits. Take advantage of these important financial planning tools today! A valid GFJ Library card number is required for use outside of the library.