Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
- We’re here to offer you virtual classes and information to continue strengthening your tech skills. We are now offering live, online workshops as well as our self-paced, on-demand classes. As always, all of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for some of our new offerings!
- If you are looking for additional tech assistance, click on the Virtual Tech Help button above or email email@example.com and one of our instructors would be happy to assist you! You can also call the Tech Center at (607)757-5359 and leave a message. We will return your call or email as soon as possible.
- Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
We are now offering live, online workshops with screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask questions in each class which is led by Tech Center staff. To participate in a workshop, click on a class below or visit screenleap.com/gfj_techcenter at the appropriate time.
- iPhone/iPad Tips and Tricks! – July 15th at 3:00pm
Find out about practical, performance-improving features to make your iPhone or iPad more useful and convenient. Discover some tips and tricks for getting the most out of features, including Dark Mode, robocall blocking, new Notes and Reminders options, and more.
- Mango Languages – July 24th at 3:00pm
This workshop will guide you on how to effectively use an Android device. Learn how to navigate successfully through various features that are common to all Android devices. Using the settings to customize your device will also be explained.
- Facebook Setup Basics – July 29th at 3:00pm
If you have been hesitant to join the Facebook community, this class will help you set up accounts and connect with friends and family while keeping your identity safe and protecting your privacy. Some basic computer skills and an email account are required.
You can also click here to view some frequently asked questions about our live classes.
On-Demand Virtual Learning
We’re excited to offer these free, online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click on any of the images or words below to start exploring.
- Online Resources – A comprehensive listing of the library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, music, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment including JobNow, which includes resume assistance and test preparation assistance.
- eBook & eReader Information – Find instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!
- Mobile Hotspots Lending Policy – View the lending policy for the library’s mobile hotspots.