Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
- We offer virtual classes and information to continue strengthening your tech skills. You can participate in live, online workshops as well as our self-paced, on-demand classes. As always, all of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for some of our new offerings!
- If you are looking for additional tech assistance, click on the Virtual Tech Help button above or click here to learn more about Virtual Tech Help!
- Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
Our live, online workshops include screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask questions in each class, which is led by Tech Center staff. To participate in a workshop, click on a class below or visit screenleap.com/gfj_techcenter at the appropriate time.
- Shop Smarter and Safer Online – November 23rd at 7:00pm
Get ready for an explosion of online shopping! Online Shopping has never been easier or more convenient for consumers. You can purchase almost anything online. If you follow a few simple rules, you can save money and have a safe and secure online shopping experience. Join us for a look at the ins and outs of how to shop smarter online.
- Google Search: Tips, Tricks and Hidden Features – December 2nd at 3:00pm
Millions of people use Google search every day for a variety of reasons. But most people may not be using Google search to its full potential. Want to use Google search more efficiently and get the search results you want quickly? This workshop will present Google search tips and tricks to maximize your search efficiency.
- Intro to Google Photos – December 9th at 3:00pm
Don’t keep your photos trapped on your phone or camera! This introductory class will show you how to easily save, edit and share your digital photos with Google Photos for free.
- Introduction to Video Chat Platforms – December 11th at 3:00pm
Zoom may be the video chat platform in the news, but it is not the only one or the best for conversations with friends and family. Take this class to learn about other video chat platforms like Skype, Google Hangout, and Apple Face Time.
You can also click here to view some frequently asked questions about our live classes.
On-Demand Virtual Learning
We’re excited to offer these free, online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click on any of the images or subjects below to start exploring.
- Online Resources – The library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment.
- eBook & eReader Information – Instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!