Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
We offer virtual classes, information, and assistance to help you strengthen your tech skills. All of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for our offerings! If you have questions, you can call us at (607) 757-5359 or email us at email@example.com.
Tech Center Info
- Live Online Workshops – You can find our current schedule of workshops below. Visit tinyurl.com/GFJTC-class at the time of the class to participate.
- Tech Help By Appointment – Registration is required for a 15-minute session with Tech Center staff member to help with your technology issues. Click here for appointment scheduling and availability. You can also call or email the Tech Center for more information.
- On-Demand Virtual Learning – These are online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click here to view our entire collection of on-demand classes and get started today!
- Virtual Tech Help – Looking for assistance with your technology or devices? Click here to get started with Virtual Tech Help!
- E-newsletter – Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
These workshops include screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask the Tech Center staff questions during the workshop. Click here to view frequently asked questions about our live classes. To participate in a workshop, visit tinyurl.com/GFJTC-class at the time of the class.
- Using the Safari Web Browser – Tuesday 11/30 at 3:00
The web browser that comes with every iPhone and iPad is called Safari. While you can install other web browsers like Chrome and Microsoft Edge from the App Store, Safari is a great option for most users. Safari has undergone and number of changes in iOS 15. We will be compering some of the changes and explain how to get the most out of Safari with a few simple tricks. Make sure your device is updated to iOS 15 before the class.
- Thinking About Buying a Tablet? – Shop Smart! – Wednesday 12/8 at 3:00
Now is a good time to buy a tablet. A tablet lets you read eBooks, watch movies, send and receive email, and surf the web. This workshop will outline the features you should look for in any tablet. An overview will be given of many of the different models, from high-end to quality budget tablets. Performance has improved, especially among lower-priced products, and you cannot beat a tablet for portability and convenience.
- Clean up and Declutter your Computer – Tuesday 12/14 at 3:00
A cluttered computer is not only difficult to navigate, but can cause extreme stress, especially when it fills up storage and slows your computer down! Come learn some easy ways to clean out and reorganize your desktop and your computer to make it run more smoothly and efficiently! This is a repeated class, with some Mac tips added.
- Tech Center Town Hall – Friday 12/17 at 3:00
The Tech Center is having a Town Hall meeting to share and discuss future plans at the Tech Center. It will be a great time to share your ideas and class requests with us. The Town Hall will be recorded and placed on the website to be viewed later.
- Online Resources – The library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment.
- eBook & eReader Information – Instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!