Welcome to the GFJ Tech Center!
We offer virtual classes, information, and assistance to help you strengthen your tech skills. All of the Tech Center’s classes are free. Look below for our offerings! If you have questions, you can call us at (607) 757-5359 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tech Center Info
- Live Online Workshops – You can find our current schedule of workshops below. Visit tinyurl.com/GFJTC-class at the time of the class to participate.
- Tech Help By Appointment, Tuesdays in July from 10am-12pm – Registration is required for a 15-minute session with Tech Center staff member to help with your technology issues. Click here for appointment scheduling and availability. You can also call or email the Tech Center for more information.
- On-Demand Virtual Learning – These are online classes that you can work through at your own pace. Click here to view our entire collection of on-demand classes and get started today!
- Virtual Tech Help – Looking for assistance with your technology or devices? Click here to get started with Virtual Tech Help!
- E-newsletter – Stay in the loop! Click here to view our latest e-newsletter or enter your email address below to subscribe.
Live Online Workshops
These workshops include screen sharing, instructor audio, and chat. You will be able to follow along and ask the Tech Center staff questions during the workshop. Click here to view frequently asked questions about our live classes. To participate in a workshop, visit tinyurl.com/GFJTC-class at the time of the class.
- Free Shopping Apps to Save Time and Money – Tuesday, 7/27 from 11:00-12:00
There are hundreds of terrific, free apps that will help you save money every time you shop with digital coupons, store ads, rebates, comparison shopping and more! Your phone can make shopping easier and save you time too. Log in to learn how to maximize your grocery savings with apps that are free and easy to use.
- iPhone/iPad Tips and Tricks-Part 2 of iPad/iPhone Basics – Tuesday, 7/20 from 11:00-12:00
Discover practical, performance-improving features that will make your iPhone or iPad more convenient and useful. Get tips and tricks for Siri, using Safari, managing iCloud storage, and more. Take control by learning how to customize your device using the settings app.
- Discover the Wonders of Pinterest – Thursday 7/22 from 3:00-4:00
Pinterest is a visual discovery engine for finding and sharing ideas like recipes, vacation plans, home and fashion inspiration, and more. When you discover Pins you love, save them to boards to keep your ideas organized and easy to find. Pinterest also makes it easy to collect websites, photos and videos with the click of a button! Log in and learn how to use this multi-function tool to find solutions, spark creativity and organize your searches.
- Shop Smarter and Safer Online – Wednesday 7/28 from 3:00-4:00
Looking to save money and shop safer? Online shopping has never been easier or more convenient for consumers. You can purchase almost anything online. If you follow a few simple rules, you can save money and have a safe and secure online shopping experience. Join us for a look at the ins and outs of how to shop smarter online.
- Online Resources – The library’s available resources including local history, learning tools, databases for research, and free downloadable materials including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more!
- Employment Resources – Many great resources for those seeking employment.
- eBook & eReader Information – Instructions for downloading eBooks and audiobooks to popular mobile devices with the OverDrive or Libby apps. Use your library card and PIN number to sign in, and begin checking out today!