Please contact Kenneth at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in volunteering.
Volunteer activities include:
- Sort materials behind circulation desk.
- Shelve materials in Adult and Young Adult departments.
- Shelf reading, straightening, and shifting of books.
- Help prepare crafts and other activities for library programs.
- Assist with set up or clean up for library programs.
- You can learn and practice a variety of job-related skills.
- You will have the opportunity to meet new people.
- You can get volunteer experience for college, job, and scholarship applications; you can get a recommendation from your supervisor.
- You’ll have access to the staff room. (Free food!)
- Reading Rants! Out of the ordinary Teen Booklists – A group of booklists for teens out there who need a good read, but are wondering if there’s life after John Green and JK Rowling.
- Kids, Code, and Computer Science – A magazine published 6 times a year exploring computer science and software programming.
- Teen Ink – A teen magazine, book series, and website devoted entirely to teenage writing, art, photos, and forums.
- Teen Reads – Reviews and excerpts of new and forthcoming YA books, as well as adult titles that are appropriate for a teen audience. Check out the Ultimate Reading List, a collection of more than 450 titles that they think every teen should read!
- Epic Reads – Harper Collins Publishers’ site with books, authors, eBook deals, videos, and more!