Get a Library Card!
Your card may be used at any library in the Four County Library System! With your card you can borrow physical items, ebooks, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazines, review your account online, use our online databases, and more!
- Fill out an application at our Circulation Desk and show a photo ID with your current address to get your card. (Please contact us for other ID options.)
- Library cards are free to anyone who lives or owns property within Broome, Chenango, Delaware or Otsego Counties.
- A $50 annual non-resident fee per household is required if you reside outside of the Four County Library System.
- Housebound patrons may complete a special application to designate a caregiver to use their card.
- All items except DVDs are checked out for 3 weeks and can be renewed once for an additional 3 weeks.
- DVDs check out for 1 week and can be renewed once for an additional week.
- You can renew your items once. Renew your items online, by calling, or at the library. If someone has a hold on your item, you will not be able to renew it.
- There is no limit on the number of books that you can borrow! There is a limit of 5 DVDs, 5 Playaways, 5 books on CD, 5 AV Kits, 10 music CDs, and 15 magazines per library card.
Waiting for a new title to come in? Hoping for a book that’s checked out? Looking for something that’s at another library? Place a hold!
- Place a hold at either information desk, by phone, or through your account online. Please have your library card number ready!
- There is a $0.25 fee for each reserve, which you can pay when you pick your item up at the circulation desk.
- You can choose to be notified by phone, text, or email when your items are ready. You’ll have 3 days to pick them up.
- If you’re looking for something that we currently have on the shelf at the library, give us a call! We’re happy to hold it for you, it will be ready quicker, and you won’t have to pay the $0.25 reserve fee.
Fines & Fees
We are fine free on most items except those listed below.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots are $5 per day with a $15 maximum
- Museum Passes are $1 per day with a $5 maximum
- Postage on overdue notices – Current postal rate
- Damage charges depend on the level of damage – range from $.50 to the cost of the item
- Items not returned will be charged the cost of the item
- View our circulation policy as a pdf
- Copies – $0.20 per black & white copy, $0.25 per color copy
- Faxing – $1.00 per page for five pages, $0.25 for additional pages. (U.S. numbers only)
- Black & white printing – $0.15 per page
- Color printing – $0.25 per page
Library privileges will be restricted if items are overdue or if fines are over $5.00.
Fines may be paid online using a credit card. Find instructions here!
Internet & Computers
- We have many computers for patrons to use.
- You may use the computers for one hour each day.
- A valid library card is required to sign on. Out-of-town visitors may request a guest pass.
- The computers have a range of programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Use is governed by the library’s Internet Use Policy.
- We have free wi-fi in and around the building. You have to agree to our Wireless Network Policy to sign on.
- We also have mobile hotspots available for borrowing. View the Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy and contact the library for availability.
- Our Tech Center offers classes and one-on-one tech help!
Looking for something else?
Check out our home page or contact us if you would like more information.